Monday 4 January 2010

In-Class Task 1


  • My name is Noor Zaleha bt. Azahar. Born on 26 July 1987, I was third out of 5 siblings. Alhamdulillah, thank to Allah, I am now in the final semester of my Bachelor of Education TESL in UiTM Shah Alam.

  • Computer skills rating?? Hmm... I should say intermediate level. I know how to use some of the computer's programs but still looking forward to learn new skills and to use new softwares and programs.

  • As for knowledge about computer software and hardware, I know how to use Microsoft Office's programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher. I use Download Accelerator Manager to download programs, files, etc. Other softwares including Winamp, Windows Media Player, Cyberlink Power DVD, GOM Player, Adobe Reader, Flash Player, Quicktime, Java and others. Basic hardware skills - thumb drive, CD, DVD, CPU, monitor and others.

  • Yes, I use the computer most of the time especially for educational purposes. I browse the net to search for new information and to look for materials for references, assignments and others. I also use the computer to learn interactive educational lesson such as Malaysian school's literature lesson.

  • Yes, I did try incorporating technologies in some of my lessons during my practicum. I played videos and songs in the class. Sometimes the lesson was a success and the students enjoyed the lesson very much but sometimes it was a failure due to classroom condition, students' behavior and unexpected encounters during the lesson.

  • In my opinion, the use of computer/technology in language teaching is an excellent way to vary the teaching techniques especially in teaching English language. Undoubtedly, computer/technology offers a wide range of materials and interesting activities that can be utilized for language teaching.

  • I expect to get the best grade in this course, hopefully A but most importantly I expect this course will help me to improve my knowledge about computer skills and software so that I can use the knowledge to create interesting lesson and be a creative teacher in the future.

2 comments:

  1. How did they behave during the lesson with the computer and what were the unexpected encounters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok... The first time I brought along my laptop and speakers to the class, the students were so excited about the gadgets and the lesson on that day. They were so excited to the extent they cannot sit still and crowding the table where I put my laptop. They were extremely noisy because suddenly they were talking about Youtube, Myspace, Friendster and started asking me how much the price of the laptop and the speakers. With the other class, some of the students did not want to involve in the lesson at all as they said that I was showing off my laptop, speakers and all the digital gadgets...

    The unexpected encounters included failure of sound system but luckily I managed to fix it. Also happened where the students did not enjoy the lesson and requested me to play other songs e.g. Boom Boom Pow (which I did!). Other than that, everything went well and it was just a sweet memories ;-)

    ReplyDelete